- Watch https://www.bikeiowa.com/pogielites for all the latest shipping updates and what order numbers are next. (Updated Jan 6th 2022 1:20 pm)
- Production is in full-force, but there is still a 12+ week shipping delay as we get caught up. They are worth the wait!! (Updated Dec 26th 2021 9:55 am).
- Fabric arrived! We are sewing like mad! The 12+ week shipping delay stated below still applies until we get caught up. (Updated Dec 9th 2021 9:25 pm).
- Orders placed on or after Nov 13th 2021 should expect a lead time of 12+ weeks. We hope it will be sooner, but wanted to be upfront given the number of orders, upcoming holidays, etc. Please don't email us a week later asking why we haven't shipped yet. Timing-related refund requests will be subject to the associated transaction fees. (Updated Nov 14th 2021 11:30 am)
- Fabric Delay - yep, just with most other items in the cycling industry, our next fabric order now won't arrive for 5-6 weeks (ouch!), then account for cut, sew, assembly, catch-up and mail time. So expect a lead time of 9-10 weeks. We hope it is sooner. This was an unforeseen delay and we Thank you for understanding. If you already placed an order, look for an email with more specifics soon. (Updated Nov 10th 2021 1:20 pm)
- Due to the high demand of Pogie Lites this time of year, we are currently shipping at a 4-5 week lead time. If you ordered before Nov 8th 2021 expect a 2-3 week lead time. Every set of Pogie Lites is made by hand and we are making them as fast as we can. Thank you for understanding. (Updated Nov 8th 2021 11:25 pm)
WHAT ARE POGIE LITES ?
A 4-season super-lite-weight, water-resistant, wind-proof pogie that keeps the wind, rain and muck off your hands.
Works on straight, drop and flared, and Jones bars. Slips over virtually any controls. They don't work on shifters where cables don't follow the bars as there is no exit point for the cable.
A BIG PLUS!! 👉👉👉 Easily shift, brake and steer over the top of the Pogie Lites.
Control the temperature easily by sliding the pogie's position where you need it the most. Slide it over your whole hand, just your knuckles or even your fingertips. (This is key!)
Don't need 'em at all? Fold them back and store them on your bars, or take them off and put in a jersey pocket. If it rains or the night-time chill gets ya, roll them back onto your bars. YEAH. It's that easy.
Created from necessity, we've ridden thousands of miles in brash weather and have come up with a perfect lite-weight and simple solution to warm and dry hands. Once your hands get cold, the rest of your body follows. Keep your hands warm, and you'll be able to endure any weather Mother Nature throws at you.
POGIE LITE Benefits
- One size fits most bars
- Wind proof
- Over-the-top control
- On-bar Storage
- A pair weighs 3 ounces!
- Temperature control (roll on/off, partial or full coverage, foldable weather lip)
- Keeps your shifters and grips clean and free of mud, dirt and debris
We tested them for months and used them for years in the Iowegian weather and feel we have the design, fit and finish nailed down!
Attach to bars with a polypro strap webbing and a ladder lock buckle. Hand entry is adjustable by cinching the elastic pull cord. Most of the time, there is no need to cinch the cord
Every set of Pogie Lites is cut, sewn and assembled in Central Iowa, by the same folks that bring you BIKEIOWA.com. Pogie Lites are made in small batches.
Pogie Lites are not a good fit for shifters with external cable routing from drop-bar hoods. It 'can' work by slicing the fabric, removing the shock cord and a tubing adjustment. We will not make individual modifications.
UPGRADE NOTES: 12/21/20 - Not all the photos represent the latest fabric we are using, but still depict the uses and positions offered. The new fabric is an upgraded diamond rip-stop. We are using a better pull-tab and buckle than the ones shown in the photos. There are also 2 lines of reflective stitching near the upper cuff and the logo is on the upper cuff versus the strap now. the older photos show the logo on the strap.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHAT EXACTLY IS A "POGIE"? - They are an over-sized "wind-breaker mitten" that attaches to your handlebars. The air inside the pogie creates a micro-climate that will keep your hands warm in all temperatures. Pogies have been used for years in extreme conditions for kayaking, cycling, skiing, motorcycles, snowmobiles and ATVs. They cover the whole hand, grips, brakes and controls.
INSTALLATION - Install over your grips and controls (brake lever and shifter) so the Pogie Lite label shows on top. This positions the buckle so you can pull the tightening strap towards you from the bottom and keep the buckle out of the way if you want to rest your hands in different positions. Tuck the excess strap inside itself and pull tight so the strap won’t flap in the wind.
For drop bars (ride on the hoods) slide the large end over the drops (up from the bar ends) and up over the shifters. Position the tightening strap in a place that it is out of the way if you still want to use your drops. Or reverse if you want to ride mostly in your drops. Wrap the excess strap around on itself and pull tight.
STORAGE - You see how small they fold up. If you don’t need them, take them off and put them a jersey pocket, tail bag or pannier. OR just fold them back on your bars and store them right in place. Then, if it rains or the night-time or morning chill gets ya, roll them back onto your bars. YEAH. It's that easy.
CLEANING - Wash on gentle or delicate with cold water and lay flat to dry. After a few washes, if you notice the water not beading up as much, just spray the outside with a water-proof spray to get back the water repellency.
Q: Why don't you fleece line the inside?
A: We don't feel it is necessary. We use Pogie Lites into the single digits and alter gloves if we need something warmer (which 99% of the time, we don't). We also use Pogie Lites in the middle of a Summer rain, and in a muddy rides/races where the fleece would just get soggy wet/muddy. We kept it simple for multiple reasons.
Q: Are Pogie Lites sold as a pair?
A: Yes, Pogie Lites are sold as a pair.
Q: I lost one Pogie. Can you make me only one?
A: Yes, We have done this in the past. Contacts us and we'll work out the details.
BIKEIOWA warrants Pogie Lites to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal use and conditions, for a period of one (1) year for the original purchase date. Shipping and handling fees to be paid by the customer.
We LOVE seeing cyclists from around the globe using Pogie Lites. Word of mouth works wonders in the bike packing, ultra-racing and commuting genres. Pogie Lites exist in 47 USA states, Norway, Sweden, Australia, Tasmania, Bolivia, UK, Germany, Finland and Canada.
LEAVE A REVIEW - GIVE FEEDBACK
We are ALWAYS open to any feedback you have to make Pogie Lites better. Email Biker@BIKEIOWA.com with any comments. And there is nothing better than real-life product reviews and photos.
FOLLOW & TAG US
Helper HashTags: #ultralight #ultralightpogie "pogies that fit on drop bars" "pogies that fit on jones bars" "pogies that fit on straight bars" "flexible pogies" "packable pogies"
Scott Sumpter talks Pogie Lites after 10.5 hours on the fat bike in single digit temps, 15 mph winds with a negative wind-chill at the Triple D Winter Ultra Race in Dubuque IA on Jan 19th 2019 --- "They performed flawlessly! The Key is temperature regulation. When you feel your hands getting too warm, pull them out of the pogies, and when feel a slight chill, put them back in. Doing this eliminates sweaty gloves which leads to demise over time. The cool thing about Pogie Lites is that you can shift AND brake with your hands on the outside of the pogies giving you control of the bike in gnarly situations - a feature not seen in any other pogie."
BEFORE YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER - PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMERS ABOVE ABOUT MFG AND SHIPPING DELAYS. THANK YOU.